Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

40 Weeks! Already?

Wow just putting the title for my blog that I am now 40 weeks pregnant really makes things hit home for me! I can't believe it!!! Although my official due date is this Friday (the 8th) , Forrest is measuring as if I am 40 weeks today!

We had another Dr.'s appointment yesterday and still no change...still 1/2 cm dilated...he really is just pretty comfy in there ;) but again with that being said, anything could change within a day or hours so keep your fingers crossed that he makes his debut sometime this week. If not, then we have an appointment scheduled for the 11th and from there we will set an induction date for the 14th or the 15th! So either way we will be meeting Forrest within the next 10 days! YAY!!! so so excited!  Forrest is doing great though, we did have an uneasy part of the appointment though for just a few short minutes...when she was listening to his heartbeat she just had a harder time hearing it clearly and it was in the 120's so she said she wanted me to be hooked up to the heart rate monitor for a few minutes because it was a little hard for her to get a clear reading. So of course this had Phil and I worried but we stayed calm and tried to relax...they took us to a room and hooked me up to belts that monitor Forrest's heartbeat and my contractions and had me sit in a big (comfy) chair and we just tried to relax, we sat there and watched the graph and listened to his heart beat, it was very steady then when he would move around it spiked up, which is normal and he did that quite often because he is such a wiggle worm ;). After about 7 minutes my doctor came in and said she had no concerns and his heart beat sounds beautiful, she explained that usually within 20 minutes they like to see around 5 spikes of a heart rate and then level out and she said he did that in about 7 minutes so he's  perfectly fine! Man was that a relief!!!

So now I am in cleaning mode, which is fantastic because I have these last couple of days before Forrest gets here to get all of the little things finished, like a few more outfits washed, all blankets and sheets washed, all toys cleaned, room dusted, towels washed and diapers organized...the list goes on ;) then of course the rest of the house needs cleaning too ;) So I have plenty to keep me quite busy! ;)

As far as I am feeling, I have been doing pretty good, just getting very uncomfy... it is very hard to sleep at night and takes me a little longer to do anything...so I am very ready to meet our little man Forrest ;)  Phil is doing great too! He is just very anxious to meet his son! :)

We will keep everyone posted on Forrest's debut (hopefully sooner than later! ;)

We love you all!
Courtney, Phil and Forrest

No comments:

Post a Comment