Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

28 Week Appointment!

Hi Y'all!

Last week we went to my 28 week check-up! (time sure does fly by!) Forrest's heartbeat was good and strong, but he kept moving away from the doppler whenever the doctor put it on my stomach (I told y'all he is a very active baby ;) but he finally decided to stay still and she was able to get a  good reading, it was 153 BPM. My doctor then measured my stomach and it was 29 cm, which means I am a week ahead (your stomach measurement is supposed to match how many weeks you are) she said it doesn't really concern her but with me being petite she said that it looks like Forrest will probably be a bigger baby...Phil and I both had a yikes look on our face haha. So we will just have to keep a watch on my measurements. My doctor also said that when we get closer if I am measuring too big she will do a sonogram and see how much he does weigh and we will figure out what to do from there,whether it be inducing early or c-section or just play the waiting game! We shall see!

I also had the glucose test done at this appointment. I had to drink a sugary drink (fruit punch flavored, it wasn't that bad) an hour before they took my blood and that would test how fast my body breaks down sugar. If I failed it then I would have to go back in for a three hour test and fast for 8-12 hours before(which is not easy especially when you're pregnant!)...If I passed the test then I wouldn't have to take any other glucose test's. Well the results are in and they turned out NORMAL so this means no 3 hour test woo hoo!!!

Forrest is doing fantastic and is growing every day! I think he is starting to run out of room though because he is now doing much slower movements (no more of the punching bag actions haha) and he now will stretch out and move his legs across my entire stomach for a while and sometimes he will push out so far that it feels like someone is pinching me from the inside ;) but I still don't mind it because I love knowing he is growing strong in there! I also feel little jerking motions which I think is hiccups (they are so cute!) I feel him every day several times an hour, so he def. lets me know hes in there and doesn't let me forget! ;) I am doing great as well besides having sinus issues every now and then! Phil is also doing fantastic!!!

Well guys I think that is is for now, I will update everyone after each doctor's appointment which is now every 2 weeks!

Love,
Courtney, Phil and Forrest

No comments:

Post a Comment