Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, March 17, 2011

37 Weeks

Okay so it has been FOREVER since I have updated the blog so here comes a lot of info. and pictures! :)

I will start with my March 8th doctor's appointment! The appointment went fantastic! We actually had a sonogram done to see how big Forrest was. He is weighing in at 6 lbs 5 oz as of March 8th. So the doctor estimates that he will be around 8 lbs when he is born so not too big but still a bigger baby. She said his anatomy is beautiful,  his bladder, heart, etc. are in great shape! :) We even got to see his pouty lips and cute nose pretty well for it only being a 2d sonogram!

Since it was also my 36 week appointment that meant that my appointments will now be every week and they check to see if I am dilated or effaced along with all of the other regular routines such as weight gain and blood pressure etc. Our doctor said that I am not dilated or effaced yet but that his head is really low! So yay! They also tested me for Group B strep which only affects about 30% of pregnant women, we will get the results this Tuesday. If I do test positive for Group B strep then that means I will have to be on antibiotics while in labor so that I do not pass it on to Forrest. So hopefully that turns out negative! 

So far I have been feeling fantastic majority of the the time but getting extremely tired  a little bit earlier each day, and slightly uncomfortable...but it is all worth it!!! I have been also have more frequent braxton hicks contractions but they are not painful, they just make my stomach very tight and they are random not consistent.

Since my last post I have also had a few showers and Phil had his Diapers and Dudes shower! I had a beautiful baby shower on February 26th @ the Rooftop Garden @ The Guenther House hosted by my best friend Amy Bertrand and her mother Lory Guilmino! I had such a blast and can not thank them enough!!!Forrest got so many goodies and essentials that I couldn't wait to put in his room! We are so very thankful! Thank you everyone for celebrating Forrest's upcoming arrival! I then had my school's baby shower on March 3rd, which was beautiful as well and was hosted by the rest of the Kindergarten team that I teach with! I can't thank them enough, we truly are so blessed. We received fabulous gifts from everyone at our school as well! Thank you so much!! Then the most recent shower I had was hosted by Tami Schoenfeld, Fay Schoenfeld and Tomme Lu Riklin! It was beautiful!! It was so wonderful to see and visit with everyone. I can't tell y'all enough how much we truly appreciated it!!! At this shower we received beautiful things as well!!! We have such amazing family and friends!!! Again thank you everyone for coming and celebrating Forrest's upcoming arrival! We can't wait for him to meet everyone and for him to use all of his goodies! He will love it all!!!

This past weekend Phil had his Diapers and Dudes shower which Phil had a blast at! This was hosted by Chuck Wallgren, Jason Wallgren, Brent Wallgren and Pat Hays. Thank you guys so much for putting this together for Phil, he truly appreciated it!!! They had a crawfish boil catered by Cayenne Kevin and Phil couldn't stop talking about how wonderful the crawfish were and how much fun he had seeing everyone. After a while most of  the Wife's/Girlfriends came and joined the guys to keep the celebration going. Phil and I had so much fun and it was so great to see everyone! Not to mention the tremendous amount of diapers that we received, it is going to help us out SO MUCH! Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!

Forrest's arrival is getting closer and closer and we are eager (make that very eager ;) to meet our sweet baby boy!  We have been getting things ready to make his transition into the world easy and  as stress free as possible. We just about have his nursery done, his carseat is ready to go and it's already  in my car ;), Forrest's bags and my bags are pretty much completely packed and Phil is starting to get packed!  I have also started washing things from his nursery such as bedding, blankets, a few outfits etc. that I know he will be using right away!

We will update everyone again after this week's appointment to let everyone know if there has been any progress!

Now for pictures from everything mentioned above (minus the sonogram, I don't have those pics on a cd :( )

                                       Guenther House Shower February 26th!



Shower on March 5th @ Fay Schoenfeld's home!




Phil's Diapers and Dudes Crawfish Boil on March 12th!








No comments:

Post a Comment